Innovations in teaching and learning through contextualized approaches to increase the quality, relevance and sustainability of education in Nepal.
Chandra Prasad Timsina is a research scholar of NORHED, Rupantaran Project, Kathmandu University, who believes in researching each sector linking into the digital transformation. He used participatory action research (PAR) as a research approach to explore the theme of ICT in school education. His research focuses on exploring how the ICT can be used to support contextualized learning in school education. He engaged with his co-researcher in two schools of Namobudhha Municipality, Dapcha, Kavre. He had shared his research experience and learning in a program where the principal and chairperson of the school within the municipality participated.
Now he is working in the Nepal Vocational Qualifications System project (NVQS-P) of Swiss contact as Technical Coordinator for province 1. He felt easy to work with the concept of PAR approach, participation, collaboration, engagement, empowerment for sustainable development of the intervention. He belongs to experience in the education and training sector.
1) Completed the 35 days field work at Janahit Secondary School (leader school) and Kaliganga School within the year of 2021.
2) Conducted three interventions in field research, identifying issues and status of ICT, practices of ICT, Monitoring the progress.
3) Conducted number of discussion meeting, workshop, and group formation for ICT learning in school.
4) Organized the ICT facilitation program to the teacher at both schools.
5) Supported to manage the lab room and maintenance of the computer
6) Facilitated to set up and use of internet in school.
7) Facilitated the teacher to apply for the project work in school.
8) Conducted the meeting with the teacher for exploring their planning to use ICT in teaching and learning.
9) Conducted interview with the teacher and researcher idea about how the ICT is used to support for contextualized learning in school education.
1) Attended the webinar on ICT in education organized by NORHED, QUANTIC, Kathmandu University, School of Education, 2019
2) Shared in two days sharing session about the practices of research among the headmaster and school management committee member of the Namobuddha Municipality, Kavre Along with, currently I am working on thesis writing and planning to submit first draft to supervisor and co-supervisor.