In line with the recently adopted Global Goals for Sustainable Development, this project aims to catalyze improvements in the quality of teaching and learning at the basic education level in Nepal through innovative, transformative and contextualized pedagogical approaches. The project will strengthen the motivation and capacity of a range of stakeholders at the local level, but also at the higher education level to enable Tribhuvan University and Kathmandu University to take a leading role in establishing dynamic networks of innovative, transformative and contextualized educational programs. The following approaches will be used to realize these main objectives:
- piloting of innovative approaches at schools in diverse settings in Nepal to stimulate improvements in education, health, sustainability, productivity and livelihood prospects;
- intensive teacher training and leadership training for teachers and head teachers to support their professional development
- inclusive approaches to engaging marginalized groups in all aspects of the project
- capacity development at Tribhuvan University and Kathmandu University to undertake rigorous research that informs policy development
- sustained engagement with key akeholders to scale models that demonstrate promise in improving teaching and learning outcomes in Nepal.